20″ PED FIRE-SAFE
(Available through Aviall®, a Boeing® company – our exclusive Distributor)
Suggested for Small to Medium sized Aircraft
IDEAL FOR CONTAINING AND AUTOMATICALLY SUPPRESSING A POTENTIAL FIRE THREAT FROM…
defibrillators, sweepers, large headphones, large laptops, phones, tablets, toys, power banks and other large size PED’s
*Tested to contain 15,000 mAh/ 160 Watt Hour Rechargeable and Non-Rechargeable Lithium batteries.
Each kit includes:
- 20″ P.E.D. FIRE-SAFE serialized with certificate of conformance
- (9) 5oz Temperature activated Suppression Bladders lining the interior walls
- Exterior Mounted Temperature Indicator with easy to read lights
- Black or Tan Thermal Formed Kydex Storage case
- Kydex Storage Case Installation Template
- Adhesive backed flame resistant Velcro to Mount storage case
- Large Thermal-Guard Gloves rated to 2600 °Fahrenheit
- Installation Template
- PED FIRE-SAFE interior Placard
- Lifetime replacement if used in a fire event
20 Inch PED Fire-Safe in Action
The PED FIRE-SAFE™ is a rapid deploy, fire and smoke containment, self extinguishing system for Portable Electronic Devices and the lithium batteries which power them. They should be located throughout the aircraft easily accessible if needed. We suggest one bag fitted per cabin on small & medium jets and one located within the cockpit for quick access by crew members. Large Jets and Airline Operators should consider one located near every flight attendant station as well as one in cockpit for quick access by pilots.
The PED FIRE-SAFE™ (PFS) was designed to incorporate key features which separate us from our competitors: The use of high-grade material in its construction, the ability to effectively contain and filter toxic smoke, a Patented internal automatic cooling and suppression system, and internal temperature indication system. These components are reviewed below:
- Manufactured utilizing multiple layers of aviation grade high temperature textiles. The flexibility of a bag construction allows different shapes and sizes of Portable Electronic Devices to easily fit within the system.
- New Patented internal bladder cooling and suppression system designed to automatically rupture at 460°Fahrenheit/ 238 °Celsius. The interior walls of the PFS are lined with these bladders, each serviced with 5 ounces of ColdFire an Aqueous extinguishing agent. This allows a Portable Electronic Device to be placed inside of the unit when device operating temperatures are higher than normally experienced or at the first sign of a possible fire allowing crew members to be proactive without fear of needlessly destroying a device.
- We have also incorporated a new Patented internal temperature indication system to inform crew members of the current temperature inside of the system as well as positive confirmation of a fully extinguished fire. Without a temperature indicator crew members must consider any fire inside a containment system an active fire and Standard operating procedures should require crew members to make an immediate landing in any scenario.
PED FIRE-SAFE™ Containment Bag
- Multiple layers of Aviation Grade FM Approved High Temp Textiles
- Temperature Contained: 3000°Fahrenheit / 1648 °Celsius
- Patented Triple Smoke Seal technology
- Heavy duty Leather carrying handles to assist with open the flaps of the bag to maximum width and to safely relocate to bag to a safe area of the aircraft.
Automatic Cooling & Extinguishing Bladders
- Patented suppression bladders line the interior walls. (20″ – 9 bladders)
- Bladder are Serviced with 5 Ounces of an Aqueous lithium battery agent.
- Bladders are designed to rupture at 460 °F /238°C +/-10%
- Bladders form an additional thermal barrier extending the max temperature ratings.
- Bladders installed in the PED FIRE-SAFE™ are designed to absorb heat from a electronic device to either discontinue or prevent thermal runaway. This feature is unique to the PED FIRE-SAFE™ as other products can thermally insulate resulting in increased temperatures and rapid thermal discharge.
- Allows crew members to be proactive without fear of needlessly destroying a device as the device my be removed unharmed if a fire is not experienced.
P.E.D. FIRE-SAFE™ attached Internal Temperature Indicator
- (3) Dedicated internal temperature sensors
- Display’s actual temperature inside of the PED FIRE-SAFE™ in Fahrenheit or Celsius
- 0-1999 °Fahrenheit or -18 to 1093 °Celsius
- (3) easy to interpret status indicator lights related to specific temperatures
Get the full maintenance manual -> 1-ped-fire-safe-maint-manual
Monthly Inspection Requirements –
- The Suppression and Cooling bladders are sealed without leaks in the Containment bag.
- Push to Test the attached temperature indicator ensure the >1.75 Volts battery life remaining.
- Ensure the User Instruction Card is free from damage & attached to the Carrying handle.
- The fire resistant gloves are attached and are free from damage.
- Inspect the PED FIRE-SAFE™ physical defects or wear noted to any part of the assembly.
- Inspect the Kydex Storage container for damage & defects
10 Year Interval Inspection Requirements-
- PED FIRE-SAFE™ 10-year ColdFire Extinguishing Bladders Replacement Due.
- (Estimated Man Hours to replace Bladders 0.25 Hours )
- (2017 COST -Bladder replacement kit 20” UNIT P/N PFS-20-BL-KIT RETAIL $375.00 )
- (2017 COST -Bladder replacement kit 16” UNIT P/N PFS-16-BL-KIT RETAIL $250.00 )
- Replace (2) AAAA batteries for the Temperature Indictor
- (Estimated Man Hours to replace batteries 0.05 Hours)
- (Cost (2) AAAA Batteries or (2) AAA Batteries $3.00 US
1)Limited 4-year Warranty: Fire Containment Concepts (“Manufacturer”) provides to its customers a four (4) year Limited Warranty against defects in material or workmanship of the PED-FIRE SAFE™ or Product(“Product”), subject to the terms and conditions described herein below. Manufacturer warrants that during the warranty period the product delivered to the original purchaser will be free from defects in material or workmanship so long as the product remains in the ownership of the original purchaser, Product has not been activated or deployed, Product has been properly stored in storage case, and Product has been properly inspected and maintained per Manufacturers Maintenance Procedures. The Manufacturer reserves the right to amend any or all of the maintenance requirements from time to time. The maintenance requirements in effect at any given time must be complied with in order to maintain warranty coverage. The warranties shall be valid from the date of receipt.
2) Repairs Completed Under Warranty: If a product complies in all respect with the warranty provisions set forth above, Manufacturer will make all adjustments, repairs, modifications, corrections, or replacements at Manufacturer’s expense; provided, however that Product has been properly inspected and otherwise treated in accordance with Manufacturer’s requirements, Operating Instructions, Maintenance Procedures, applicable service bulletins, and the provisions of this limited warranty, and provided that Product has not been activated or deployed. Manufacturer shall use its best efforts to make all adjustments, modifications, corrections, or replacements under this warranty within Thirty (30) Business days or less from receipt of a Product.
3) Repairs Not Covered by Warranty: If Product fails to comply in any respect with the limited warranty set forth in Section 1, any and all repairs will be the soleresponsibility of the original purchaser.
4) Return of Product under Limited Warranty Provisions: Purchaser must complete the online Material Return Authorization (“MRA”) form located on the manufacturer’s website or contact the manufacturer to receive the MRA forms in another manner such as via mail, email, or fax. Manufacturer must receive written notice of failure of a Product to comply with this warranty within thirty (30) days of discovery of such failure. Purchaser shall return the defective Product to the Manufacturer or its Approved Representative. Purchaser shall pay all costs of shipping the defective part to and from Manufacturer or its Approved Representative. All items shipped to Manufacturer or its Approved Representative must be prepared for shipment in accordance with the requirements of the Maintenance procedures, must be adequately packed toprevent damage in transit, and, if desired, insured by Purchaser. All items returned for replacement shall be shipped prepaid to the Manufacturer’s current address provided on the MRA form. NOTE: IT IS THE SOLE RESPONSIBILITY OF THE PURCHASER OF THE PRODUCT TO SUBMIT AND CONFIRM RECEIPT OF THE MATERIAL RETURN AUTHORIZATION.
5) Service costs—Product Not Found Defective (No Fault Found): In the event that Manufacturer determines that any Product returned is not defective or not covered by this Limited Warranty,customer shall be responsible for service and handling charges “No Fault Found” shall mean a returned product that is damaged or fails to operate properly as a result of operator error, abuse, or misuse or other causes not covered by this limited warranty.
6) Failure to Maintain in Accordance with Manufacturer’s Maintenance Requirements: Failure to service Product in exact and specific compliance with the Manufacturer’s prescribed Maintenance Requirements herein below or as amended from time to time shall immediately void this limited warranty.
7) Product Registration: This limited warranty becomes effective upon receipt of the product. Warranty Registration Form is included in the User Manual and available online at www.fcconcepts.com. Failure to submit this provided form or register online within 30 days of receipt of the product shall void this Limited Warranty.
8) Product Transfer: Not applicable
9) Maintenance Requirements: Purchaser shall, prior to, or simultaneously with shipment, send a separate written warranty claim to the Manufacturer or its Approved Representative, advising that a Product is to be shipped for Warranty claim purposes and shall include a description of the failure, and airway bill number. Purchaser is hereby authorized to use any selected Shipping Agent or as otherwise mutually agreed, for goods returned to the Manufacturer or its Approved Representative. Shipments are to be conspicuously marked with Purchaser’s and Manufacturer’s name. Except when otherwise stated, all shipping and insurance shall be at the Purchaser’s expense.